Modern Handmade Child

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Points2Ponder by Alan P. Scaglione

                  "No matter how old they get...they know who to call..to pray!"
                                                 Points2Ponder



                                          By Alan P. Scaglone



“Huddled in office...waiting on tornado...keep us in your prayers”

Suddenly…the tornadoes in the Midwest… were personal!

This was a text from my daughter, huddled in an office at work, in Chattanooga, facing a tornado, fearing the worst.

And… reaching out to the one she knew…would pray!

Even when they stray….they know…you pray!

I was walking the streets of downtown Savannah, on a restful long weekend jaunt with my sweet Bella.

Beautiful weather Friday, cool breeze, full sun, just enjoyable kinda day!

And my daughter was huddled in an office, taking cover, hoping for protection, asking for prayer they would be spared.



POINTS2PONDER Why does it take sudden impending tragedy…to remind you…I need to ask for prayer…from someone I know…who prays!



And the nation started hearing all of the stories. The one that touched me the most…the story of “Angel!”

A little 18 month old baby girl…found in a field, alone…in critical condition.

Her parents and siblings…had died in the tornado, but…this little girl…clinging for life…our “Angel!”

Unfortunately, the next day, we got news…God had taken our “Angel” to heaven to be with Him and her family!

49 confirmed tornadoes….40 people and counting, perished in those 49 tornadoes, spanning five states.

But, all I cared about was…there was one Angel of my Heart, huddled in an office, in Chattanooga, reaching out to her father…and asking…for prayer!

And just 400 miles away, I was strolling through Savannah with my Lady Love.

Just reminds you…at the very same time that you are having a leisure filled day…someone is taking cover, praying for their life!

Thank God for texting—how else would I even know that my baby girl needed her Papa…to pray?

And in the middle of a period of time when my daughter and I are estranged…fundamentally at opposing sides of a character defining moment in life…

She still knew…her Papa would drop anything that was going on in his life…and, pray for his baby girl.



Take heart, parents out there! They know… they know! They can still depend on you…to reach across the miles and even across the controversial emotional continental divide…

And put all that aside… and just wrap your arms around them…and assure them…they are safe, they are protected, they are loved!

And the things that seemed to matter…for the moment… for this moment-- don’t matter at all!



All that matters is… when they need prayer, they still know…who (that means YOU) will pray!



TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! We made it EASY TO COMMENT!

SELECT the link BELOW! YOU can send me an email! I CANT WAIT!









No comments:

Post a Comment