Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, March 11, 2012

”sometimes, a chance meeting is NOT chance at all!”


                                          I’m Just Sayin’”
                                                                 by Alan P. Scaglione

You just never know…when you are at the door to a new stage in your life, and…it’s about to swing wide open!
That’s why…you have to do your best…and let God do the rest!
Cause you never know…what’s about to happen!
The Word says to be instant in season and out of season and to always be ready to give an account for what you believe!
In other words…be a testimony on pause! Once they hit that start button—Testify of God’s goodness! You never know who’s listening!

I met my Xulon Press editor last Thursday to discuss my book “One Unexpected Event”. It was supposed to be a 30 minute meeting.
I guess God had other plans.
Karla started listening to me talk about my journey writing this book, from KickStarter.com to our Can-Do Train-- calling those things that be not as though they were!
She said…”Give me a minute! I’ve got someone I want you to meet!”
She brought in Tracey, my Sales Rep! We talked for a few minutes!
Tracey said, “I think the guys would love to meet you!”
Tracey brought in Terry, James and John, my marketing rep, book sales guy and design consultant.
I talked with them a minute before Terry said, “Wait a minute, I have someone who would love to meet you!”
He brought in Joan, the director of the site. She was in another meeting but…Terry told her, “You’ve got to meet this guy!”
All I was doing was sharing God’s goodness to anyone who wanted to listen…apparently, that group kept growing!
They all stayed for over 30 minutes, asking me questions, taking notes, going to my kickstarter.com project, watching my video, logging onto grannyzann.blogspot.com and looking at our columns…and just listening to me testify about God healing my heart and putting feet to my faith!

And they weren’t in a hurry to leave. I told them we have lazy dreamers who need to Work Their Dream!
They loved that!
They loved my line “Put Feet to your Faith!” They thought that would be a great title to another book! That’s mine! You can’t have it!
After an hour plus…I was walking out the door, feeling like I was with the right Christian publisher and glad God had opened this door!
Memory made…move on!

Not so fast!!
I get an email last night from Joan. She stated they were very happy to meet me. They had prayed in their weekly prayer time for someone I mentioned to them at our meeting last Thursday! WOW!…they REALLY were a Christian group...and they prayed together…Cool!
Joan said I had passion, motivation, excitement, can-do attitude, self-confidence…all things a lot of new authors do not possess.
She said I was an inspiration!
 She then wrote words in her email that changed my life!
“Would you consider writing an article twice a month to encourage new authors? We would send it to all of our clientele. We could call it “Ask Alan The Author”… and we would pay you for writing!”
WOW! I was NOT expecting that…all because I shared my testimony! And the crowd grew as I shared!
Needless to say, I responded “YES! YES! YES!”
And last night, I submitted my first two columns for Xulon Press!
All because…I told people what Jesus has done for me!
I woke up this morning thinking about Mars Hill!(Acts 26:28)
Anybody know what I am talking about?
Paul spoke to King Agrippa….sharing his testimony of who he was before the “chance” meeting on the road to Damascus and…how God changed him!
Everyone was listening to him testify… he just told them how Jesus changed his life!
And King Agrippa said, “Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian!”
Almost?
You never know…who’s listening!


Until Next Time
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”
SELECT the link BELOW!   SEND me Email!   Share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment