Modern Handmade Child

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beautiful Fabric Finds

I am so very excited! I went to a very favorite fabric haunt and was able to locate additional yardage in a couple of the beautiful Shabby Chic fabrics I had purchased recently and sold out all items made with said fabric before the clothing made it to my Etsy shop...not that I am complaining about sale or anything. I have more of the green rose fabric and more of the pale blue on blue medallion motif fabric . I will be adding these to my shop now since I have secured more fabric (not much of the green). I also picked up 2 additional prints from the same designer and one has some yellow and greys and honestly I can not remember what the other one has in it.... I also found a bolt of a beautiful white fabric that I was looking for as well so it was all a great shopping trip with Kaylee tonight.

I am taking a poll out here for anyone wanting to weigh in. What type of sewing machine do you use? How many hours a week do you use it? Have you had any problems with it?  The reason for the poll is because I seem to have a hard time keeping a machine running with out knocking it out of time....believe it or not I have had this happen like 3 times int he last year! I never used to have these problems and I do not run over needles, I am not bending needles. at least once and perhaps twice I was using a ruffler?????? I will add another question Has anyone had problems with a ruffler messing with the machine they are using it on?? I am using the ones designed for the particular machines but...  I would love love love to hear what anyone has to say since this is getting to be costly and a pain in my rear end to boot.

We have went straight to summer for sure :) very very warm here and the pollen is just horrific and everything is just this lovely orange yellow color and it gets into your nose and lungs as soon as you get out side. The pollen counts doubled overnight to 3000 today! The worst is yet to come for sure but this is pretty unhealthy at this point. Really sad not to be able to open the windows during the spring. I made this mistake once and came back to a house covered in yellow orange powder! Oh my gosh what a darn mess that was.

Have a great Spring week!

Suzann

No comments:

Post a Comment