Modern Handmade Child

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Finally

Friday!!! I am so glad the weekend is here for me...One extremely busy week day after day or so it seemed. Saturday will be a fun day with Bentley's first basketball game of the season and Kaylee's first time to cheer for one of the basketball teams. we should all have a great time and I look forward to seeing them both.

Not much other than work this week and having my mom in the hospital for dehydration - she went in yesterday and should be released tomorrow with any luck at all. She seemed much much better tonight and was making sense when I spoke with her for the most part anyways.
I managed to complete another sweet little dress and get it on the site- I really love this fabric called Bolo Lemonade from Robert Allen if I remember correctly. Very soft and drapey and I hope to make more pretties with it maybe a sweet little skirt ??? I love the colors in this fabric and so many different items and the monkeys are just adorable!!

Who could resist this little fella :)












I have a few things cut and ready to sew this weekend and Kaylee (granddaughter) will be with me tomorrow so maybe we can sew a bit together. The last time she stayed overnight she went fabric shopping and picked out a couple of fabrics she wanted to make skirts out of and a peasant dress if I remember right but it could have been just skirts. I will be doing a feature blog on Kaylee soon with her pics of things she has made or  is making at the time of the blog. She just amazes me with the skill she has when cutting and sewing!

I am heading off for the night but stay tuned for more pretties :)

Hugs,
Suzann

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you created a blog. I'm totally addicted to blogging and reading blogs. I just added ya to my blog roll. :)

    That's an adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coley,

    Thanks so much for adding me to your blog roll. I just love to write and have really wanted to do this for a long time and so glad that I did! I love the dress too - if my behind was not so big I would wear one:) Maybe a top???? Hugs to Noah:)

    ReplyDelete