Modern Handmade Child

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vintage Baby never looked so good

As promised in  my previous post I have been working on some vintage inspired dresses (Day Gowns) for infants up to about 6 months depending on the size of the baby. I have them completed and shipped to my sweet customer who ask that I make these custom dresses for her. As I was saying in  my last post I have wanted to add a line such as this to my GrannyZann shop on Etsy however, was not sure how it would be received and honestly the summer dresses I made up took way more time than I am willing to give for an item I carry all the time in my shop. That being said the ones in this post (winter dresses)  worked up in the "normal" amount of time I like to allow for a dress so that I can sell it at a fair price and both the customer and I fell good about the sale. I have heard from several people that read the previous post and they have all said "Make the dresses" sooooo I will add some of the little dresses to my shop and see what I can do from there. Since it is winter I will be adding in the ones I have on here today plus add some options for fabrics. I have also decide I will be offering a set containing just bloomers and a bonnet for those customers that just want to round out an outfit. These will be offered in all fabrics that I currently have plus any solid color cotton or flannel that I can purchase. I am still working on the pricing for the sets and also for the "Day Gowns" . I hope to be able to add to my shop in the next few weeks though since they are more fall/winter with the weight of the fabrics and sleeve lengths. Without further ado here are the latest pics....... Enjoy and as always I love to hear your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment