Modern Handmade Child

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Points2Ponder By Alan P. Scaglione


“Papa and his Birthday Girls- Amanda and Ashley!”
My twin daughters turn 29 on May 5th, 2011! WOW! How’d that happen? Seems like yesterday, they were just 2 years old, calling me Poppy! Note to self, if you start a sentence with “seems just yesterday…” you really ARE getting old! LOL

They were the one thing that changed my life the most, except for Christ.
 I was actually:
 Pro-choice BEFORE I met them,
 Anti-children BEFORE I met them,
 Pro-“whatever I want, I will get” BEFORE I met them,
 Anti-“give to others until it hurts” BEFORE I met them…
And yet… honestly, looking back, this PAPA cannot remember my life-- BEFORE I MET THEM!
They are the BEST DECISION I NEVER MADE!

POINTS2PONDER  Why do our children have such a dramatic effect on our life experiences, life expectations and life excellence?
 Why do they change us from being one person into being another?
 And why is it that—to this day, describing and hoping for that most perfect day…is spending time with our kids?

I remember the first thing I thought as I held my “pujalinas” in my arms for the first time (Amanda Blaire born at 2:37 and Ashley Brooke 2:38 pm on Cinco de Mayo, weighing in at 4 lbs 8 oz and 4 lbs 12 oz, 16 in. and 18 inches respectively).
 I named them both, I held them first, and I fed them for the first 10 days of their lives. They were Papa’s Pujalinas!
I was amazed at this double example of a perfect life created, and I wondered to myself:
“How could I have ever believed in pro-choice?”
 So much for the BEFOREs in my life…
Oh yeah…the first thing I thought as I held my baby girls?
I looked at them and then said to the nurse, “Why can’t a girl be President?
 My girls will…you wait and see, someday…35 years from now, they will! Papa’s Girls 4 President!”
Ahhh.. A father’s pride never diminishes!
And…29 years later- with 6 years and counting before they can declare their candidacy(at age 35)
You know? We still haven’t had one! So…
 Allow me to be the first to declare ….
“Scaglione for President in 2020! Perfect Vision in 2020!”
And I already have their birth certificates to prove…born in the USA!!!
Hey??? It could happen!
It Could!!! Happy Bday Brooke and Blaire!

1 comment: