Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm Just Sayin by Alan P. Scaglione

“Our Princess MacieGirl—Tiara and Flipflops- Style All Her Own!”

                                          I’m Just Sayin’”
                                                                 by Alan P. Scaglione
I woke up to the sound of rain outside my window.
And I thought, “into every sunshiny life, a little rain must fall!”
It’s Saturday morning, and I have had plans for us all week!
There’s this Art Festival in our town. I love to go and listen to the artisans talk about their craft.
Well….that’s not gonna happen!

Into every sunshiny life….a little rain must fall.
I have this friend. I have known him since he was about 17. He was always a dependable, honorable son and friend.
He has now grown into a dependable and honorable husband and father of two.
And tries so hard to provide a good life for his family and yet…there is always a little rain falling in his life.
And he questions? Why is this always happening to me? Just seems like I just get over one hurdle and BAM…there’s another.
I remind him that “Life is what happens when you’re making other plans!”
Remember: God will never lead us where He cannot feed us!
I have this saying-- “All you need to know “good”…is to have had bad!”

Into every sunshiny life…a little rain must fall.
Got a call from my daughter last night around 11:30pm!
She said, “You still up?”
Little does she know. I sleep with the cell phone always by my side, just in case…one of my three kids need me…I don’t want to miss their call!
She proceeded to tell me that my 4 year old princess of a granddaughter Macie is going to have her tonsils out and her tubes in her ears taken out and her eardrums patched, all at the same time.
I asked how Macie felt about that. You have to know my Macie. She is 4 yours old but!!! She is headstrong, knows what she wants AND what she doesn’t, and will not budge if she decides she does NOT want to do something. She is loud and energetic and…a noisy bundle of joy! I adore her!
“Macie has decided she is not having surgery!”
We both laughed. At 4 years old, our MacieGirl has made the decision that…she doesn’t know what surgery is, but she knows...she’s NOT having it!
My daughter says she is praying for grace to deal with her headstrong daughter. I chuckle to myself and remember…I had a headstrong daughter.
And now…she has one too! As a parent, sometimes life has a wonderful way of repeating itself!

Into every sunshiny life, a little rain must fall.
I hear stories every day. To me, they are stories. To them, they are “lives interrupted by…life!”
They were minding their own business, waiting at a traffic light when someone runs the light and plows right into them.
As is life, the person who ran the red light walked away…the person whose life was interrupted did not.
Or the 34 year old new mother who had to postpone chemo because she was pregnant…and is now in stage 4, no chance for remission.
I always tell them…”Life is what happens when you’re making other plans… and no one plans for this!”
Then I tell them that I will pray for them. Pray for strength, pray for patience, pray for understanding, pray for comfort, pray for hope.

Maybe a little rain is falling in your life?
Maybe your Saturday plans have been unexpectedly changed by the sound of rain outside your window?
Maybe life has happened while you were making other plans.
The Word reminds us in Matthew 5:45…”That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”

All we need to know “good” is to have had bad!
Do we really appreciate the sun until after we have had days of rain?
Sometimes Life happens to remind us that…
We really do have this “great gift” God gave us called “our life”…
It just took some rain to remind us!
Instead of dreading the rain… why not learn to dance in it!

Until next time…
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”

No comments:

Post a Comment