Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm Just Sayin by Alan P. Scaglione

"Forever Grateful!"







                                          I’m Just Sayin’”
                                                                 by Alan P. Scaglione
Sometimes, one person really can make a difference in someone’s life.
And the effects of one event can change the course of your future.
All because, one person touched your life… and you are forever different.

I have an anniversary on December 12th—it’s the day someone stepped in and changed my life.
I will forever know… one person really can make a difference…and I benefited from it.
And I celebrate each year that someone cared enough to spring to action to get involved and…
Step in and do something to affect change in my life.
And I am forever grateful!

We ask ourselves so often…can one person really make a difference? Does my action affect change? Will anything I do matter?
And the answer is a resounding YES!!

In my situation, a high school friend got involved when most would not…and she changed the course of my life.
She cared enough to do something…to not just shrug it off and say “it’s not my place to get involved—I’m only a school friend. Let his family handle it!”

If she had thought that way…I wouldn’t be writing this column today. One person, one friend… made a difference in my life.

Maybe you are struggling with the question “should I get involved? Is it my place? Maybe someone else will help.”
It may be a family in need at the holidays.
It may be a work friend who is alone and needs help.
It may be a stranger you pass on the way while you are shopping for Christmas.

And maybe, just maybe…you are the someone who should help!
Sometimes…there isn’t time, there isn’t opportunity…for someone ELSE to help…
Sometimes, you are the dingy God sends to rescue someone.
Anyone remember that story?
Person is drowning and prays for God to save him.
A dingy shows up, and the guy says “NO, I am waiting for God to save me.”
He knew how God was going to save him, and it was NOT with a dingy!
The guy drowns.
He opens his eyes at the pearly gates and sees Jesus and says, “Why didn’t you save me?”
Jesus said, “I sent a dingy!”

Sometimes, the lifeline God sends is disguised as a dingy—but it still rescues!
Sometimes, you are the “dingy” God chooses to use to send out a lifeline to someone in need.

I am forever thankful my “dingy” rescued me exactly when I needed her help most!

Love is a Verb!

You may be surprised what God will use to send a lifeline.
But in the end, all that matters is…you don’t drown!

Don’t let pride prevent you from being God’s dingy OR from accepting help!

At this time of year…many people are celebrating with their family, trees lit up for Christmas, presents wrapped for everyone.
It can be the most wonderful time of the year.
But…did you know?
It’s also the time of year with the highest suicide rate?
There are a lot of lonely people who don’t have “the family, the tree or the presents”…
 All they want to know is “does somebody out there care about me?”

If God can send His Son, the best He had to offer…
And yet disguise Him as a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger…(Luke 2:1-7)
Kind of like sending a lifeline in a dingy…but still…sent to save a life

Maybe God wants to use you RIGHT NOW to help someone who may need a lifeline.
-       Donate presents or food!
-       Give to the poor!
-       Invite someone with no family to share the holidays with your family!

Be that SOMEONE who saves a life this Holiday Season!
You just never know…
Someday… someone may be celebrating December 12th as the day YOU made a difference in THEIR life!

Until Next Time
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”

No comments:

Post a Comment