Modern Handmade Child

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Sewing Project

Wednesday already.... where has my week gone so far?? It is nice when a week goes by quickly so you have another weekend to look forward to and I do love my weekends for sure.

I have one little new outfit to post today that I completed last night. This fabric is a re-purposed  vintage child's drapery panel and the little pillow case dress and Capri pants turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.  Still trying to decide on the color of the satin ribbons that will be added to the shoulders and tied into beautiful bows... leaning towards a chocolate brown to bring out the bears a bit . These will not be in my shop since the panels came from a boutique that I sew for however you can see the pics below:

The Goldilocks drapery panel was so cute and the fabric very very soft. Sandy has said she has additional panels so I will make up a few other pieces as well.








Sewing Tip of the Week: Always press after each seam - your finished garment or other items will look much more professional for it.


Hugs,
Suzann

No comments:

Post a Comment