Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, January 29, 2012

“1st Anniversary Edition- I’m Just Sayin!”

“No matter what, Jett and his Nano- together forever!”

         I’m Just Sayin"
                       by Alan P. Scaglione

Happy 1 Year Anniversary To Our Column!
Can you believe it’s been one year?  52 I’m Just Sayin’ columns?
I know I can’t… never expected it to take off like this- we are read in over 25 countries on a regular basis and weekly readership ranges from 300’s to over 500’s!
Not bad for a column that had 12 readers its first week!
To God be the glory! Great things HE has done!
And for our faithful readers—
Each week, I have brought home a kernel of Word of God for you to chew on, consider, mull over, rethink, ponder…meditating on His Word!

And we have had funny columns: anyone remember the Leprechaun and me singing Oh Danny Boy? Or what about “I thought it was SPF50?” a lot of fun.
And there were the serious ones: remember the devastation in Japan and asking “how can we help?”; Or saying a fond farewell to my beloved Aunt Ciria!
But… through each of my columns, I have shared my life with each of you; my opinions first and foremost, and my reflections of the scriptures on my life.
All in all…you have gotten to know me, my wife, my friends, my family, my kids, my grandkids, my weekly travel jaunts, and…my buddy Jett!

Thought I would remind you how we started this journey…with me and my baby boy Jett, one year ago!
 “ I took my 19 month old grandson Jett to the beach this weekend! Yes, we live in Florida, and it was 78 degrees and a beautiful spring day at the beach! Jett had never been to the beach. He loved the sand and the texture of it in his hands. He started running toward the beach, and then he saw it! The Water! He took off for it, and I started running after him, wanting to be there to protect him, just in case.
So there’s Jett, at the shore, seeing the tide roll out, running toward it…when all of a sudden, it starts running back at him! His eyes get big as silver dollars...he wasn’t expecting that! He sees the water coming toward him, but he’s paralyzed...not able to move fast enough to get away from the tide now chasing him! Just as the water is about to cover his shoes, Nano(that would be me!) scoops him up, away from the tide and  lifts him to safety and Jett shouts out “Whee!”
   Made me wonder? How many times do we go chasing after something, never in our wildest minds thinking, it may just turn and chase us back! And when it does, we are immobilized with fear or panic of what to do or how to remove ourselves from the impending harm or pain?
And then…in one gently felt swoop, we feel the arms of God lift us to safety…and we breathe that sigh and go “Whee!”
Next time you’re in trouble..just dial 911..Psalm 91:1 says, ”He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty!”

How Funny—Jett has changed so much in a year! Now he is talking, saying “Jett cool! Nano cool too!” and he is a daredevil, jumping and playing on everything!
But…I look at that scripture, and I remember writing “just dial 911—Psalm 91:1” –
I just never imagined the year God would give me, and all of it, I would share with each of you!

It’s been a year when HE healed my heart physically!
It’s been a year when HE reconnected some good friends back in my life!
It’s been a year when HE helped me preach my 2nd Mother’s funeral!
It’s been a year when HE taught me that I cannot control my children’s life decisions!

But mostly… it’s been a year when He reminded me…”For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and be blessed!” Jeremiah 29:11
Guess He’s not finished with me yet!
And upon reflection, taking a “Selah Moment”…I can say, “It is well, it is well…with my soul!


Until Next Time
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”

1 comment:

  1. Alan, You will never know how your column touched me today. I needed the 91:1 verse and to read the story about the waves. Thank you for reminding me that He is always there for me, even when I see the wave about to overtake me.

    Happy 1 Year Anniversary!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete