Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, July 1, 2012

"Happy Anniversary! 3 Years - Attitude of Gratitude!"
                                          I’m Just Sayin’”
                                                                 by Alan P. Scaglione
Today is the 3rd anniversary of my 2nd chance from my 1st (and HOPEFULLY ONLY) Heart Attack! And to that I say…
“Bless the Lord, Oh My Soul…And All That is within me…Bless His Holy Name!” Psalm 103
I don’t usually start with our scripture but…I am so grateful to be alive 3 years later-- I have to share this word with you!
Sometimes, we have to reflect on where He’s brought us from so we can see that what we are going through NOW is really nothing to God… He can restore us again!
I remember 3 years ago so well… I had dropped my wife off at the airport for her to go see her daughters in Rhode Island.
And YES! I WAS having chest pains WHEN I dropped her off BUT I thought…
“It will go away. I don’t want to mess up her time with her kids, so…just keep moving!”
And keep moving I did…all the way from Orlando to Tampa...ALONE!
The pain got worse!
I was supposed to have my daughter spend the night with me, but… I cancelled that!
I remember thinking “IF something happens to me, I don’t want her to have to go through that… that’s not fair to her!”
And…the pain got worse!
Anybody out there EVER MAKE A DEAL WITH GOD??
I did!
I remember saying around 3 am “God, if you will allow me to make it to 6 am, I will drive myself to the hospital!”
NOTE TO SELF—Don’t EVER do this at home!!
6am – He kept His part; 6am – I kept mine!
I drove myself, alone, to the hospital; right lane, driving slowly; trying to keep my mind on the road and NOT on the elephant standing on my chest!
The rest is… family history! The doctor said “You should be dead right now—now sure why you aren’t! You had 100% blockage of the Widow Maker!”
But…I wasn’t!
End of story? I wish!
I was NOT a poster child for “jump back into your old life” Heart Attack Recovery!
Until January 2011, I kept having Heart Attack symptoms – on a regular basis.
I am talking “left arm numbing, profuse sweating, elephant on chest” symptoms.
PSA for TODAY! IF you experience ANY of these symptomsCALL 911 – Do NOT Drive yourself to the hospital !!!
After months, My doctor finally said, “you may be one one of those who will always have symptoms and won’t know when it’s really a 2nd heart attack!”
So I asked, “But, what happens when I REALLY am having a 2nd heart attack?”
He lowered his head and then looked at me and said “You will die!”
So… that’s why I am grateful to be alive!!
NOT a pretty picture – UNTIL GOD SAID NO!
NO more pain!
NO more numbing!
NO more sweating!
GOD healed my heart in January 2011after HE saw I was going to live for HIM anyway!
Sometimes…God wants to see… will you love me THROUGH the pain?

Remember…the strength comes from Endurance NOT Deliverance!
We always pray “Get me out of this!”
We should pray “Get me through this!”
Even Paul prayed 3 times for something to be removed.
And God said… “My GRACE is sufficient!”
God may be asking…”will you love me inspite of the pain?”
When He knowsthen HE MOVES on your behalf!
And now, my heart sings “Thank you Lord, for Saving my Soul, Thank you Lord, for MAKING ME WHOLE!”
And  believe me-- I have a lot going on in my life right now that should be getting me down and depressed…
But, as my friends say, “It ain’t nothin’ but a thang!”
And none of thatstops ALL of this…my grateful heart saying THANK YOU LORD!
Maybe you want to join me today…remembering how Good God IS!
Repeat with me…
“Bless the Lord, Oh MY SOUL-and ALL that is within me…BLESS HIS HOLY NAME!”
Until Next Time
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”
SELECT the link BELOW!   SEND me Email!   Share your thoughts!

Ask Alan the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment