Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I'm Just Sayin" by Alan P. Sacglione

The Saglione Boyz and their sweet brides




I’m Just
  by Alan P. Scaglione

Some people have a birth day, but I have a birth month! I always say every day is a gift and each year is a milestone, so celebrate the milestones! All month long! The last of my birthday celebrations occurred this past weekend when my two brothers and their wives got together with Bella and me for dinner. We spent the evening together, laughing, discussing world events, reminiscing with stories of me as a child. We even shared a poem by Rudyard Kipling (not his popular IF, but an obscure ditty called “The gods of The copybook headings”).
The ladies spent time in their corner, talking about the newest grand kids; the boyz in our corner, talking about The Colts and the Super Bowl; there was this sense of family and belonging like you only feel with people who have known you your whole life; they know your stories, the good ones and bad ones: your accomplishments; your failures, your hopes and… your disappointments. They know you…the real you (the one you don’t always show others) - and accept YOU- all of you!
I looked around and suddenly remembered times that I have been estranged from each brother over silly, stupid things that family sometimes squabble over; things that some families have allowed to divide them for a lifetime. But, here I was, laughing and sharing my life with my brothers, and I was so glad that forgiveness is the key to true family love. Learning to forgive the past, letting it stay where it belongs so it doesn’t steal the possibility of sharing moments, which is all we get.  It’s not the days we remember, it’s those moments…they warm us when we’re cold and make us laugh when we’re sad; they remind us of the best we can be and how someone out there knows us, the true us…and loves us—just like we are!
And, I owe it all to forgiveness!
The Word tells us “forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forward to those things which are ahead of me, I press toward the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus!(Philippians 3:13-14)
Forgive somebody today…a brother, sister, mom, dad, friend!  They tell us that we really need to forgive to help ourselves! Look at all of the laughter and reminiscing that you have just waiting for you!
Until Next Time,
I’m Just Sayin’!
Brother “A”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Alan for another wonderful message that has touched my heart.

    Love you
    S

    ReplyDelete