Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'm Just Sayin" by Alan P. Scaglione

I’m Just Sayin’
by Alan P. Scaglione
“Again! Life Is Good!” To fully appreciate that comment, you have to have one thing- a time when… life was not “so good!” It’s all about that point of reference when your life was not the best, was not happy, not fulfilled, not complete, not full of joy! Maybe, you’ve had a moment of that in your life?…well, maybe more than just one moment?
It’s all about contrasts. We say, “Youth is so good, why do we waste it on the young?” and “I really love kids NOW that I have GrandKids!”
I like to say it like this: “All you need to know…to know Good…is, to have had Bad!”
Contrasts!
 I have lived through a really unhappy divorce, one that affected everyone in my world! And now-- 12 years of wedded bliss, which I sincerely wish for all my children to experience!
I have gone thru 19 months of unemployment…not good for a person’s self image! And yet, I have had employment periods when I was King of the World, calling all the shots!
But the one that really hits home…I have just spent the last 20 months of my life, recovering from a heart attack, starting to believe that, for me…the “new” good day, was at best, just okay.
If you’ve ever gone through a health crisis, maybe you know what I mean…when you have to adjust your expectations of a good day to say, “if it was okay, then I guess that was good!”
And after the bad, if you’ve had a life that is now full of “good” days, you know where that frame of reference comes from! Having had bad, you now know good!
I know, from first-hand experience, what a good day feels like, what an okay day feels like and now, the BEST kind of day…when Again, Life is Good! (ALG!)
After 2 months of ALG Days, I am ready to stop holding my breath, too afraid to talk about it because…I may jinx it and may cause “okay” days to come back!
Nope, I am ready to shout from the rooftops!
AGAIN, LIFE IS GOOD!
I owe it all to a 21 day fast Bella and I started the first part of January. Most people will give up food, and I applaud those who do. The Bible says, “I will not offer anything that costs me nothing”
And these days, for the two of us, giving up food is NOT that big a deal…NOW--what is a big deal? Giving up TV for 21 days! YIKES! Now, that one, that hurts! That IS a Sacrifice!
We always TiVo everything, so…we are never home at the time something is aired, but...when we want to watch it, we just click and watch, sans commercials! Gotta love it!
So…with 2 of our children in Crisis, we committed to fasting and prayer for them.
Never thought, in our wildest dreams, that God would answer our prayer for my health! Hmmm…could be a word of wisdom there? While praying for others, we received what we needed!
It started one day, then two, then a week, then a month! I was afraid to use the words, but…when I started singing in the shower again, I knew! “By George, I think He’s BACK!”
The Word states in Psalm 51:12 “Restore unto me the joy of my salvation!” You can’t Restore until you have STOREd! And, “new and improved” is NEVER as good as “good as new!”
So…whether it’s a spiritual or physical restoration, I pray a string of ALG days ahead! And before long, you too will be singing, you’ll be shouting, AGAIN, LIFE IS GOOD! 
Until next time,
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”

No comments:

Post a Comment