Modern Handmade Child

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I'm Just Sayin

“Anyone know who I can send this to? Tell me who he is!”
                                          I’m Just Sayin’”
                                                                 by Alan P. Scaglione
Happy Father’s Day!
We need fathers, good ones, to step up to the plate and…lead by example!
If ever there was a time—it’s NOW!
This past week, I found the card pictured, celebrating Fathers, and it struck me…
I didn’t have anyone to send it to.
Not because I don’t know any fathers, but…
The card said on the inside…
 “and is happiest when he sees those he loves the mostwalking closest to the Lord!”

Just made me sad… I just don’t seem to know any of those fathers.

I know fathers who want their kids to succeed in business…
I know fathers who want their kids to finish college…
I know fathers who want their kids to get out on their own and support themselves.

I just don’t know any fathers who…want to see their kids draw closer to the Lord.

Oh yeah…I know a lot of mothers out there who pray…tirelessly, for your kids.

And I know-- you moms could all use some help, from the DADS, standing in the gap for your kids!

Help from the one who the kids need the mosttheir father!

It’s been proven that the role of the father is the most important role in molding a child.
A daughter will later seek out a man either because of what she received from her father in the say of respect, love and honor or…will seek out a man because of the lack thereof.
A son will often treat a girl like he saw his father treat his mother and sisters… that could be good IF he saw respect, love and honor or…bad IF he saw verbal abuse, disrespect and disregard.

All from the influence of their father!

And I know--there are homes with absent fathersI salute you moms who are both!

But this column is directed to the fathers who are present, but… absent!
If you know one of those(maybe that one out at the grill or sleeping on the couch)
This one’s for himgive this to himtell him there’s something he needs to learn!

The Word instructs fathers in Ephesians 6: 4
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”

There it is! The formula to be a “good” father!
Bring them up in nurture AND admonition of the Lord!

Fathers… ask yourselves…Nurture? Admonition of the Lord? Really? Do you????

Nurture – to attend and give attention to – to dedicate time and effort to growth.

That’s not “phone it in” parenting – that’s “being present and involved!”

Your kids need you to be present and involved in their lives!
Your son needs your example of how to treat women.
Your daughter needs to know she is loved and respected and cherished—so she will EXPECT that from any man she dates.

They cannot get that from their mom!  It has to come from Dad!

And then there’s “admonition of the Lord!”
Seriously?
When’s the last time you prayed with your kids?
When’s the last time your kids saw you pray?

Character rises when crisis rushes in!
What they see in you when there is a family crisisthat’s what they learn and imitate.

The admonition of the Lord…”Seek ye first the kingdom of God…and His righteousness...”

The admonition of the Lord…”The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord!”

The admonition of the Lord …”Delight yourself in the Lord, and HE will give you the desires of your heart!”

Remember the old line “seeing is believing!”
It applies here bigtime!
I challenge you DADS –“Seek ye first the kingdom of God, have your steps ordered by the Lord, delight yourself in the Lord!”
Your kids follow more of what you DO than what you SAY!

Soooo…
Anyone know a Father I can send this card to?

Until Next Time
I’m Just Sayin’…
Brother “A”
SELECT the link BELOW!   SEND me Email!   Share your thoughts!

Ask Alan the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment