Modern Handmade Child

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Points2Ponder by Alan P. Scaglione

  
Nano and Jett

I thought it was SPF50—It was Cocoa Butter!!
I took my grandson Jett to the beach recently, and I made sure to lather him up with SPF...or so I thought! We had a great time, playing with other kids(3 sisters Jett met), playing with a sandcastle, playing in the water, even playing in a cabana, lying on the chaise lounges. He was loving every minute of it...and so was I!
Nano and his Sidekick JJ - Scaglione Past and Future – just taking in the sights, drinking up the sun! Sometimes, Life really is a Beach! We only stayed 2 hours, and I noted Jett looked pink when we left, but he had SPF, so...all was okay. But...it wasn't...I had inadvertently used Cocoa Butter instead of SPF50, on my 21 month old grandson! Within 4 hours, that pink turned to tomato, and our baby boy was sun burnt! All my fault.

POINT2PONDER: Why is that our best intentions still cause those we love to be hurt? We never intended them harm, but…
There they are, red as a tomato, and it's all your fault!
 
So...I saw Jett on skype that night. The picture was black, then there was my sidekick- tomato red! His first words, as he touched his ears, were..."Nano, Hurt!"
Poor baby...we sometimes unintentionally hurt the ones we love the most.
 When we do, own up to it, ask for forgiveness, accept that it may take some time to heal, physically and emotionally and learn the lesson that is looking at you!
Never Ever Assume A Single Thing...you have to read the label!!

No comments:

Post a Comment