Modern Handmade Child

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A case of "mistaken" identity by momma

Bella and Uncle David
Josh and Bella
Well.....I am now pretty sure I am getting old, losing my sight, and not being able to tell my boys apart! Yep at the ripe old age of 50 something I marked not one but at least 2 pics on my daughter-in-laws Face Book page with comments  such as "Bella sure loves her Uncle David" and something similar on the others as well.  It was not until I realized the shoes on the child (my grown child) were those of my son Josh and not David!!! Making the comments totally incorrect as they should have been Bella sure loves her "Daddy" and not Uncle David :)  How does it happen that you can not see clearly which child you are looking at???  At different times as they grew up people would ask "Are they Twins" or such as that and while I see a certain amount of resemblance they NEVER look like twins to me. I always thought David had more of the "Hembree" look from his daddy and Josh had more of the "McCleary" look from my side. When David started having children my thoughts on that changed a bit because people would say that Kaylee looks just like me BUT she also looks sooo much like her daddy so does he look like a McCleary??? I certainly can not look like a Hembree. At 3 years of age mine and Kaylee's pictures are sooo similar with the exception that her hair was curly with a heavy reddish tint and beautiful green eyes and my hair was very dark with dark eyes you know we are very related and as an infant she looked so much like her daddy. I look at my boys now and see that they look like their cousin Danny in so many ways so they are Hembree's but they are also McClearys and I think they are the most handsome boys around and love them dearly even if I can not tell them apart in a picture.

Now for the funny part...I called Josh over to the computer to see the pic of Josh holding Bella and feeding her an oatmeal cookie and he ask what she was eating, I told him and he THOUGHT it was a pic of David as well!!! See he can not even tell it is himself and then Heather admitted when she posted it she thought it was David as well soooo there you have it I am not getting old after all just have great boys that look similar at time and not so much at others.


Here are a few pics of Josh and David for your enjoyment including the ones causing the confusion on FB this week.



Hugs,
Suzann


1 comment:

  1. And he does look like the mcclearys because my husband and son look just like him......hahahaha

    ReplyDelete