Modern Handmade Child

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays........Recipes From My Granny McCleary's Collections

Granny McCleary's Yellow Recipe Holder
I have decided for the summer to start sharing recipes from my Granny McCleary's extensive recipe collection. My Granny was perhaps the greatest cook I know and likely did not follow the recipes to a T however I do believe these will be correct and you can do as she did and just change them up as you please.  As my dear and wonderful Alan always says "Make a Memory" the foods that my Granny prepared for us are a wonderful memory and like her I have certain bowls that I like to make things in and I think my children and grandchildren will see this as time goes on just as I did and I will pass these bowls to the one(s) that want them. Now for our first treat!

Aunt Bea's Gingersnaps ( Aunt Bea was my Grandpa McCleary's Sister)
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Soft Shortening (Like Crisco)
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Molasses
2 Cups Sifted Flour (Plain not self rising)
1/4 Teaspoon. Salt
2 Teaspoon Soda
1 Teaspoon each: Ginger, Gloves, Cinnamon
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill Dough thoroughly. Shape into small balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen crinkly top cookies

This are totally awesome and really wonderful with a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day!

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment