Modern Handmade Child

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Annual Sewing Expo - Duluth, GA

This is the first day of the annual Sewing and Quilt Expo over at the convention center in Duluth. I love going and shopping so much and have went every day for several years now. My granddaughter Kaylee went with me for the first time last year and had a great time, she was 4 at the time and she will be going back with me this year on Friday and Sat. if all goes as planned. She wants to "make fabric again" she actually did a cool design onto muslin using inks and we framed it along with a couple other little items that she received for one thing or another.  I am so thrilled she loves to sew and loves to take part in the Expo as well. I think Abigail maay be calmed down enough by next year that I can start teaching her to sew...she has the desire and I have allowed her to sit on my lap and "assist" but she is way tooooo busy to allow her to cut fabric or just sit and sew by herself as Kaylee did at even a younger age.

My boxer Rosie is looking more prego all the time and we are all looking forward to a houseful of puppies in April. I think she will make the sweetest little mommy..she is a very sweet gentle girl and very laid back except when her best friend and daddy to her babies is here. She and Baxter have grown up together basically and he gets so excited when he gets to come and see Granny, he knows when they are getting close and stands up in the car instead of laying down :)  He loves his Rosie too. Baxter also has another lady in his life name Cleo and I thinkshe is about 10 weeks or so and very pretty and sweet.

I am off here for remainder of the day so go out and do something fun!

Hugs,
Suzann

No comments:

Post a Comment